BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Residential Life

Finding 6510 Pine Street was not easy for two old people. After an hour of driving around in circles, we made it back to Ames Street. From there, we followed the directions to Scott Hall (like we should've done in the first place).
I was upset/tired when I finally got to the right place. I hate being late, especially when I'm interfering with other people's time. I had an attitude when I got there and didn't feel like being bothered. I had just spent about an hour driving around in circles, so...
I went into the lobby with my brother and mother. People were standing around, I din't know what to do. I just wanted to get my luggage to my room. Relief poured over me as I was handed the keys to my suite by an RT. Finally. I could tell she was excited to be there. As I looked around, everyone else was just as jovial as well. I felt bad because I didn't want to be a "party pooper" and I didn't want to be labeled as the girl with a bad attitude.
We (me, mom and brother) headed upstairs to my room. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my suite. It wasn't bad. I wasn't expecting something that nice.I also didn't expect to have three roommates. Three people + me?....
Whatever apprehension I had about having three roommates soon faded by the next morning. My roommates were wonderful. Almost every morning - if I wasn't already awake - they would knock on my door to make sure I didn't oversleep and that I was okay. We kind of looked out for each other like that... even though we were strangers. Over the course of our stay in the dorms we became better acquainted. I liked hanging out with them. They all have different personalities but we blended well together in that suite.
My keys were the best part of living the residential life. I had three keys. One for the suite, one for my personal room and the other for opening doors around Scott Hall. It was the most freedom I've experienced thus far in my life. I could come and go - for the most part - without looking it over with anyone before hand. Oh, they game room has Mrs. Pacman! That was a definite plus...even though I didn't win much. Right across from the game room is a computer room. Us girls had a lounge room with a t.v. So you don't have to be completely isolated from your regular life. I liked the couple of days I got to spend in the residence hall. Started off kind of rough for me but I opened up a tiny bit and I feel like I made some progress with adapting to new people. I usually have a problem with that. I'm thankful I was selected to have this experience.

0 comments: